A Handheld Device for Magnetically Inserting a Neural Interface into a Peripheral Nervous System
- A Handheld Device for Magnetically Inserting a Neural Interface into a Peripheral Nervous System
- 오상록; 김기훈; 황동현; 임세혁; 인용석; 정진우
- neural interface; robotics
- Issue Date
- Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC)
- This paper proposes a compact handheld device for magnetically inserting a neural interface into a peripheral nervous system (PNS). Users can pull and hold a flexible peripheral nerve (e.g., sciatic nerve) at the front of the device for the accurate and stable targeting process. The device automatically inserts a neural interface using magnetic impacts that are generated by a miniature motor and a pair of magnets. We investigate the characteristics of the employed mechanism, and present the preliminary experimental results.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.