Systematic Investigation into Mg2+/Li+ Dual-Cation Transport in Chevrel Phases Using Computational and Experimental Approaches
- Systematic Investigation into Mg2+/Li+ Dual-Cation Transport in Chevrel Phases Using Computational and Experimental Approaches
- 조병원; 김창삼; 정경윤; 이준근; 하정훈; 조재현; 김광범
- Issue Date
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- VOL 121, NO 23-12623
- Computational and experimental investigations into the Li+, Mg2+, and Mg2+/Li+ dual-cation transport properties within the Chevrel phase Mo6S8 have been performed. Five representative paths were selected for 3D diffusion, and their corresponding energy barriers were determined. Based on density functional theory calculation results, we reveal phenomena of the cation trapping, sluggishness of Mg2+ ion transport, and synchronized movement of inserted cations induced by repulsive interactions. The computational results were further validated by cyclic voltammetry carried out at ambient to high temperatures, from which apparent diffusion constants and activation energies for each case were determined. We found broad agreement between the theoretical and experimental results and suggest an optimum scenario for charge– discharge processes within the dual-cation hybrid system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.