Fabrication of Az31/CNT surface nano-composite by double-pass friction stir processing
- Fabrication of Az31/CNT surface nano-composite by double-pass friction stir processing
- 정우상; 김재연; 황정우; 김혜영; 이승미; 변재원
- Surface Modification; Double-pass Friction Stir Processing; AZ31; Composite; CNT
- Issue Date
- Archives of metallurgy and materials
- VOL 62, NO 2B-1042
- Double-pass Friction Stir Processing (FSP) was applied to fabricate an AZ31/CNT nano-composite for surface hardening of lightweight structural components. The effects of double-pass FSP as well as groove depth (i.e., volume fraction of CNT) on the CNT distribution, dynamically recrystallized grain size, and resulting microhardness were studied. Double-pass FSP was performed for the CNT-filled plate-type specimen with different groove depths of 2, 3, and 4 mm. By applying double-pass FSP, the average size of CNT clusters decreased, implying a more homogeneous distribution. Compared with the FSPed specimen without CNT, grain size was refined from 19 μm to 3 μm and microhardness increased from 52 Hv to 83 Hv (i.e., 71% increase). Keywords: Surface Modification, Double-pass Friction Stir Processing, AZ31, Composite, CNT
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.