Large Electrostrain in K(Nb1-xMnx)O-3 Lead-Free Piezoelectric Ceramics
- Large Electrostrain in K(Nb1-xMnx)O-3 Lead-Free Piezoelectric Ceramics
- 강종윤; 김종현; 김대현; 이태호; 이태곤; 이지현; 김보연; 남산; 류정호
- lead-free ceramics; piezoelectric materials properties; ferroelectricity/ferroelectric materials
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- VOL 99, NO 12-4038
- K(Nb1 – xMnx)O3 (KN1 – xMx) ceramics with 0.005 ≤ x ≤ 0.015 were sintered at 1020°C through a normal sintering process without the formation of a liquid phase. They exhibited double polarization versus electric field (P– E) hysteresis and sproutshaped strain versus electric field (S– E) curves owing to the presence of a defect dipole (PD), which was formed between the acceptor Mn3+ ion and the oxygen vacancy. Moreover, the aging process was not required to develop the PD. The KN1 – xMx ceramics exhibited a large strain of ~0.2% at 6.0 kV/mm. For the KN0.985M0.015 ceramic, this large strain was maintained after 104 cycles of an electric field of 6.0 kV/mm. This ceramic also maintained a double hysteresis curve at 200°C. Therefore, the KN0.985M0.015 ceramic has a large electric field-induced strain, along with good thermal and fatigue properties for multilayer piezoelectric actuators.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.