Quantum cascade lasers with Y2O3 insulation layer operating at 8.1 um
- Quantum cascade lasers with Y2O3 insulation layer operating at 8.1 um
- 한일기; 송진동; 박준서; 강준현; 양현덕; 이송이; 정신영; 주범수; 김지훈; 한문섭
- semiconductor lasers; quantum cascade lasers; insulation layer
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 25, NO 16-19567
- SiO2 is a commonly used insulation layer for QCLs but has high absorption peak around 8 to 10 μm. Instead of SiO2, we used Y2O3 as an insulation layer for DC-QCL and successfully demonstrated lasing operation at the wavelength around 8.1 μm. We also showed 2D numerical analysis on the absorption coefficient of our DC-QCL structure with various parameters such as insulating materials, waveguide width, and mesa angle.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.