Rethink about electrolyte: Potassium fluoride as a promising additive to an electrolyte for the water oxidation by a nanolayered Mn oxide
- Rethink about electrolyte: Potassium fluoride as a promising additive to an electrolyte for the water oxidation by a nanolayered Mn oxide
- 채근화; Mohammad Mahdi Najafpour; Mohadeseh Zarei Ghobadi; Seyedeh Maedeh Hosseini; Somayeh Mehrabani; Parvin Rafighi; Robabeh Bagheri; Zhenlun Song
- Additive; Electrolyte; Hydrogen; Oxygen; Nanosized manganese oxide; Fluoride
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 42, NO 22-15166
- Water oxidation is a bottleneck of the hydrogen production through the water-splitting reaction. Herein, the promising role of fluoride on the water-oxidizing activity of a nanolayered Mn oxide under the electrochemical condition is reported. The experiments show the increase of the water-oxidizing activity of the nanolayered Mn oxide under an electro-water oxidation circumstance in the presence of potassium fluoride as a promising additive to an electrolyte. As a result, the required overpotential is decreased and the yield of oxygen evolution raised in the water-oxidation reaction.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.