UV-curable antibacterial ionic polysilsesquioxanes: Structure-property relationships investigating the effect of various cations and anions
- UV-curable antibacterial ionic polysilsesquioxanes: Structure-property relationships investigating the effect of various cations and anions
- 황승상; 백경열; 구종민; 이진홍; 알버트 이성수; 조계룡; 유승건; 최승석
- Antibacterial polymers; Polysilsesquioxane; UV-curable; Hybrid materials; Structure?property relationships
- Issue Date
- European polymer journal
- VOL 95-334
- A series of inorganic-organic hybrid UV-curable ionic polysilsesquioxanes were synthesized through Menshutkin reactions with various tertiary amine vinyl or methacrylic monomers to quantitatively quaternize various alkyl-halide ladder-like functionalized polysilsesquioxanes. The effect of quaternary ammonium salt cation, anion, as well as UV-curing were examined. Obtained ionic polysilsesquioxanes exhibited exceptional thermal stability (>350 °C), high surface hardness (6H), high refractive index (>1.66), and substantial decrease in brittleness index. In addition to the excellent hardcoating properties, the ionic groups imbued antibacterial properties against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, which may allow for applications in flexible electronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.