Highly birefringent V-groove liquid core fiber
- Highly birefringent V-groove liquid core fiber
- 전영민; TAVAKOL NAZARI; BORAM JOO; JI-HYUN HWANG; BJORN PAULSON; JIYOUNG PARK; KYUNGHWAN OH
- V-groove; liquid core fiber
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 25, NO 20-24726
- We report a new efficient light guidance along a liquid core using an open Vgroove. Guiding properties were analyzed using finite element method in terms of the single mode guidance condition, and the corresponding modal birefringence. We experimentally demonstrated a silica V-groove fiber with an opening angle of 40°, which was spliced to single mode fibers at both ends. A liquid with the refractive index of 1.455 was filled to serve as a core along a maximum length of 47cm. We confirmed the single mode guidance and birefringence consistent to theory, which will enable polarimetric liquid sensing.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.