A new strategy to make an artificial enzyme: photosystem II around nanosized manganese oxide
- A new strategy to make an artificial enzyme: photosystem II around nanosized manganese oxide
- 채근화; Jitendra Pal Singh; Mohammad Mahdi Najafpour; Sepideh Madadkhani; Somayyeh Akbarian; Matgorzata Hotynska; Mohsen Kompany-Zareh; Tatsuya Tomo; Suleyman I. Allakhverdiev
- artificial enzyme; photosystem; manganese
oxide; X-ray absorption near edge structure; extended
X-ray absorption fine structure; water electro-oxidation
- Issue Date
- Catalysis Science & Technology
- VOL 7-4461
- Herein we report a new strategy to disperse Mn oxide into the apoenzyme of photosystem II. The compound was characterized by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, UV-visible spectroscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, X-ray absorption near edge structure, extended X-ray absorption fine structure, X-ray diffraction and some electrochemical methods. Under electrochemical conditions, the peaks attributed to MnĲII)/(III), MnĲIII)/(IV) and MnĲII)/(IV) were assigned and compared with other manganese oxides. Linear sweep voltammetry shows that water electro-oxidation occurs at 80 mV less than that for the apoenzyme of photosystem II. Thus, Mn oxide maintains its water-oxidizing activity under these conditions. The compound is a new type of structural and functional model for the wateroxidizing
complex in photosystem II.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.