Catalytic co-pyrolysis of biomass carbohydrates with LLDPE over Al-SBA-15 and mesoporous ZSM-5
- Catalytic co-pyrolysis of biomass carbohydrates with LLDPE over Al-SBA-15 and mesoporous ZSM-5
- 제정호; 정경빈; 김영민; 이형원; 정상철; Atsushi Watanabe; 박영권
- Mesoporous ZSM-5; Soft template; Catalytic co-pyrolysis; Biomass; LLDPE
- Issue Date
- Catalysis today
- VOL 298-52
- The catalytic co-pyrolysis of biomass carbohydrates and LLDPE over mesoporous catalysts, mesoporous ZSM-5 (MZSM-5) and Al-SBA-15, was investigated using a tandem micro reactor-GC/MS system. The properties of the synthesized MZSM-5 and Al-SBA-15 were characterized by N2-sorption, X-ray diffraction, and NH3-temperature programmed desorption. Compared to Al-SBA-15, MZSM-5 showed better performance in the production of aromatic hydrocarbons during the catalytic pyrolysis of carbohydrates (avicel (cellulose) and xylan) due to the stronger acidity of MZSM-5. The catalytic co-pyrolysis of carbohydrates and LLDPE showed synergistic aromatic formation due to the supply of more effective hydrocarbon pool species and an efficient Diels-Alder reaction between the pyrolyzates of the carbohydrates and LLDPE. When avicel was torrefied, the aromatic yields were increased further in catalytic pyrolysis/co-pyrolysis.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.