Benzotriazole as an electrolyte additive on lithium-ion batteries performance
- Benzotriazole as an electrolyte additive on lithium-ion batteries performance
- 조원일; Louis Hamenu; Alfred Madzvamuse; Latifatu Mohammed; Yong Min Lee; Jang Myoun Ko; Chris Yeajoon Bon; Sang Jun Kim; Yong Gu Baek; Jongwook Park
- LiB; electrolyte; additive; benzotriazole; electrochemical stability
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 53-246
- Liquid electrolyte consisting of 1 M LiPF6 in ethylene carbonate (EC)/dimethyl carbonate (DMC) and 0.1 wt% benzotriazole (BzTz) is studied in LiCoO2//graphite battery system at room temperature. Benzotriazole addition introduces excellent electrochemical stability (5.6 V vs Li) and good ionic conductivity properties at room temperature. Also, this electrolyte shows good cycling performance and better discharge capacities at high C-rates relative to the pristine electrolyte. Furthermore, the additive allows the formation of a good solid electrolyte interphase (SEI) per cyclic voltammetry (CV) examination. These specialized properties make this liquid electrolyte ideal for high power and high voltage applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.