Pushing the limits of lithium bis(oxalate)borate/acetonitrile using 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate for supercapacitors
- Pushing the limits of lithium bis(oxalate)borate/acetonitrile using 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate for supercapacitors
- 조원일; Louis Hamenu; Alfred Madzvamuse; Mengyang Hu; Latifatu Mohammed; Chris Yeajoon Bon; Sang Jun Kim; Jongwook Park; Jang Myoun Ko
- Lithium bis(oxalate)borate; electrolyte; ionic liquid; supercapacitor
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 17, NO 12-1645
- Supercapacitors provide us with enormous power output for energy storage. Their energy output however still remains quite low compared to other energy storage materials like the batteries. This paper reports a highly stable liquid electrolyte which is composed of mixtures of 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate(EMIBF4) ionic liquid with highly stable lithium bis(oxalate)borate LiBOB/acetonitrile(ACN). The electrolytes display remarkable supercapacitive performance at a high voltage of 3 V. The electrochemical impedance spectroscopy shows that EMIBF4 helps to reduce the bulk resistance and charge transfer resistance across the electrode surfaces by facilitating high ionic diffusions across the electrode/electrolyte interface. The high stability and high ionic conductivity of the electrolytes reflected in the good cycling performance tests at 2.8 V with a maximum delivery capacitance of 19.5Fg-1 after 1000cycles at a high scan rate of 200 mVs-1.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.