Facile synthesis of platinum alloy electrocatalyst via aluminum reducing agent and the effect of post heat treatment for oxygen reduction reaction
- Facile synthesis of platinum alloy electrocatalyst via aluminum reducing agent and the effect of post heat treatment for oxygen reduction reaction
- 유성종; 강윤식; 이명재; 김미주; Stanfield Youngwon Lee; 이국승; 성영은
- Oxygen reduction reaction; Pt alloy nanoparticle; Aluminum reducing agent; Surface structure; Pt d-band center
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 41, NO 48-22962
- We have synthesized carbon-supported Pt and PtM (Au, Pd) nanoparticles (NPs) by using an aluminum (Al) metal foil as a reducing agent and conducted post heat treatments to investigate the relationship between oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) activity and surface crystalline/electronic structures of electrocatalysts. The as-prepared Pt and PtM (Au, Pd) NPs received the post heat treatment to induce structural modifications to improve ORR activity. From structural characterizations, well-synthesized carbon-supported Pt and PtM (Au, Pd) NPs were confirmed and the post heat treatment has the effect of inducing the alteration of surface crystalline structure and results in higher ORR activity. Furthermore, based on electrochemical characterizations, it is proved that after the heat treatment, the surface reconstruction brought about the increased fraction of Pt (111) and electrochemical active surface area of PtAu/C CO sample. And, the downshift of Pt d-band center of PtPd/C CO sample, which decreases the affinity of Pt to oxygen species, occurred resulting in more favorable kinetics of ORR.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.