Effect of Cu promoter and alumina phases on Pt/Al2O3 for propane dehydrogenation
- Effect of Cu promoter and alumina phases on Pt/Al2O3 for propane dehydrogenation
- 정광덕; 고형림; 이학범; 김원일
- dehydrogenation; CuPtSncatalysts; propylene
- Issue Date
- The Korean journal of chemical engineering
- VOL 34, NO 5-1345
- We investigated the effects of different Cu weight ratio on theta or gamma-Al2O3 which were impregnated with platinum in terms of catalytic activity for propane dehydrogenation and physicochemical properties. 1.5 wt% Pt, 0-10 wt% Cu catalyst supported on theta-Al2O3 or gamma-Al2O3 was prepared by incipient wetness co-impregnation. Enhanced Pt dispersion by increasing Cu contents in gamma-Al2O3 supported catalyst was confirmed via XRD and XPS. Pt and CuO was separated in Pt-Cu/theta-Al2O3, but Pt-Cu alloy was identified after reduction treatment. Also, adding Cu in Pt/Al2O3 makes catalyst's acidity lower and this property led to increased propylene yield in propane dehydrogenation. However, Pt3Cu was not good for yield of PDH, which was confirmed in Pt-10Cu/theta-Al2O3 through XRD.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.