Terahertz Nanoprobing of Semiconductor Surface Dynamics
- Terahertz Nanoprobing of Semiconductor Surface Dynamics
- 서민아; 최근창; 박영미; 강태희; 이유진; 손병희; 안영환; 김대식
- Nanoprobing; optical pump?terahertz probe spectroscopy; semiconductor surface; carrier dynamics
- Issue Date
- Nano letters
- VOL 17, NO 10-6401
- Most semiconductors have surface dynamics radically different from its bulk counterpart due to surface defect, doping level, and symmetry breaking. Because of the technical challenge of direct observation of the surface carrier dynamics, however, experimental studies have been allowed in severely shrunk structures including nanowires, thin films, or quantum wells where the surface-to-volume ratio is very high. Here, we develop a new type of terahertz (THz) nanoprobing system to investigate the surface dynamics of bulk semiconductors, using metallic nanogap accompanying strong THz field confinement. We observed that carrier lifetimes of InP and GaAs dramatically decrease close to the limit of THz time resolution (similar to 1 ps) as the gap size decreases down to nanoscale and that they return to their original values once the nanogap patterns are removed. Our THz narioprobing system will open up pathways toward direct and nondestructive measurements of surface dynamics of bulk semiconductors.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.