Exciton Dipole-Dipole Interaction in a Single Coupled-Quantum-Dot Structure via Polarized Excitation
- Exciton Dipole-Dipole Interaction in a Single Coupled-Quantum-Dot Structure via Polarized Excitation
- 송진동; Heedae Kim; Inhong Kim; Kwangseuk Kyhm; Robert A. Taylor; Jong Su Kim; Koo Chul Je; Le Si Dang
- quantum ring; coupled quantum dot; polarized exciation; dipole
- Issue Date
- Nano letters
- VOL 16, NO 12-7760
- We find that the exciton dipole dipole interaction in a single laterally coupled GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dot structure can be controlled by the linear polarization of a nonresonant optical excitation. When the excitation intensity is increased with the linearly polarized light parallel to the lateral coupling direction [1 (1) over bar0], excitons (X-1 and X-2) and local biexcitons (X1X1 and X2X2) of the two separate quantum dots (QD(1) and QD(2)) show a redshift along with coupled biexcitons (X1X2), while neither coupled biexcitons nor a redshift are observed when the polarization of the exciting beam is perpendicular to the coupling direction. The polarization dependence and the redshift are attributed to an optical nonlinearity in the exciton Forster resonant energy transfer interaction, whereby exciton population transfer between the two quantum dots also becomes significant with increasing excitation intensity. We have further distinguished coupled biexcitons from local biexcitons by their large diamagnetic coefficient.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.