High work function MoO2 and ReO2 contacts for p-type Si and GaN by a room-temperature non-vacuum process
- High work function MoO2 and ReO2 contacts for p-type Si and GaN by a room-temperature non-vacuum process
- 최지원; 나렌드라 싱; Won-Jae Lee
- ReO2; Non-vacuum process; MoO2; GaN; High work function; Ohmic contact
- Issue Date
- Materials science in semiconductor processing
- VOL 71-377
- High work function molybdenum (Mo) and rhenium (Re) di-oxides were studied without vacuum and thermal process to investigate the contact properties on p-type Si and GaN semiconductors. Polyvinyl alcohol (5 wt% PVA) was used as a binder for the metal oxide powder. ReO2 showed lower electrical resistivity < 0.023 +/- 0.004 Omega cm and better contact characteristics compared to MoO2. Ohmic contacts were formed easily on p-type Si (rho = 9.77 Omega cm) using ReO2 and MoO2. The metal oxide/semiconductor Schottky diodes fabricated by forming contacts on n-type Si (rho = 2.44 Omega cm) were investigated by comparing diode parameters indicating different contact barrier properties of metal oxides. As a wide energy bandgap semiconductor, p-type GaN was utilized to investigate metal oxide contact properties on a high work function semiconductor. Ohmic contact on p-type GaN was obtained using ReO2 after the surface treatment by boiling aqua regia.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.