Synthesis and evaluation of new pyridyl/pyrazinyl thiourea derivatives: Neuroprotection against amyloid-β-induced toxicity
- Synthesis and evaluation of new pyridyl/pyrazinyl thiourea derivatives: Neuroprotection against amyloid-β-induced toxicity
- 배애님; 노은주; 백소라; 박정은; 아흐메드엘캄하위; 아메드하산; 이지연; 박병건
- Mitochondrial permeability transition pore
(mPTP); Thiourea; Alzheimer's disease (AD); Cyclophilin D; Molecular docking
- Issue Date
- European journal of medicinal chemistry
- VOL 141-334
- Herein, we report synthesis and evaluation of new twenty six small molecules against β amyloid (Aβ)-induced opening of mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) using JC-1 assay which measures the change of mitochondrial membrane potential (ΔΨm). The neuroprotective effect of seventeen compounds against Aβ-induced mPTP opening was superior to that of the standard Cyclosporin A (CsA). Fifteen derivatives eliciting increased green to red fluorescence percentage less than 40.0% were evaluated for their impact on ATP production, cell viability and neuroprotection against Aβ-induced neuronal cell death. Among evaluated compounds, derivatives 9w, 9r and 9k had safe profile regarding ATP production and cell viability. In addition, they exhibited significant neuroprotection (69.3, 51.8 and 48.2% respectively). Molecular modeling study using CDocker algorithm predicted plausible binding modes explaining the elicited mPTP blocking activity. Hence, this study suggests compounds 9w, 9r and 9k as leads for further development of novel therapy to Alzheimer's disease.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.