Vertically oriented MoS2 nanoflakes coated on 3D carbon nanotubes for next generation Li-ion batteries
- Vertically oriented MoS2 nanoflakes coated on 3D carbon nanotubes for next generation Li-ion batteries
- 황준연; 이원기; Mumukshu D Patel; Eunho Cha; Nitin Choudhary; Chiwon Kang; 최원봉
- Carbon Nanotube; Li battery; 3D structure; MoS2
- Issue Date
- VOL 27, NO 49-495401-10
- The advent of advanced electrode materials has led to performance enhancement of traditional lithium ion batteries (LIBs). We present novel binder-free MoS2 coated three-dimensional carbon nanotubes (3D CNTs) as an anode in LIBs. Scanning transmission electron microscopy analysis shows that vertically oriented MoS2 nanoflakes are strongly bonded to CNTs, which provide a high surface area and active electrochemical sites, and enhanced ion conductivity at the interface. The electrochemical performance shows a very high areal capacity of ~1.65 mAh cm− 2 with an areal density of ~0.35 mg cm− 2 at 0.5 C rate and coulombic efficiency of ~99% up to 50 cycles. The unique architecture of 3D CNTs– MoS2 is indicative to be a promising anode for next generation Li-ion batteries with high capacity and long cycle life.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.