Characterizations and Kinetic Studies for the Fischer Tropsch Synthesis Over Co/Al2O3 Catalyst
- Characterizations and Kinetic Studies for the Fischer Tropsch Synthesis Over Co/Al2O3 Catalyst
- 문동주; 노영수; 홍기훈; 정재선; 양은혁
- Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis; Kinetic; Power Law; Reaction Conditions Effect
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 16, NO 10-10403
- Kinetically describing the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis reaction is a very significant stage and course for industrial practice. Furthermore, this task is necessary from the industrial point of view for the design, simulation, and optimization of conversion processes. The intrinsic kinetics of cobalt-based FTS catalysts have been studied for many years and the reaction rate has been described using a power law rate equation. In this work, a Co/Al2O3 catalyst was used to estimate the intrinsic kinetic parameters. The catalyst was also characterized by several different methods, such as X-ray diffraction, temperature programmed reduction, transmission electron microscopy, and N2 physisorption. Kinetic experiments were also carried out in a fixed bed reactor over a range of specific reaction conditions. Kinetic parameters were estimated by power law rate equations. The reaction orders of hydrogen and carbon monoxide were determined as 1.21 and − 0.64, respectively, and the activation energy was found to be 23.82 kJ/mol.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.