Fabrication of micrometer-scale porous gelatin scaffolds for 3D cell culture
- Fabrication of micrometer-scale porous gelatin scaffolds for 3D cell culture
- 정영미; 최낙원; 김태희; 심규영; 김소현; 이동욱; 김범상; 성종환
- Gelatin-methacrylate (Gel-MA); Micrometer-scale porous hydrogel scaffold; Photocrosslinking; Porogen; 3D cell culture
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 50-189
- In hydrogel scaffolds for 3D cell culture, porous structure plays a central role in maintaining cell survival by delivery of biochemical factors through the scaffolds. Thus, adequate pore structures should be a significant design factor for preparing cell culture scaffolds. Here, we present a non-cytotoxic approach to control porosity of a gelatin scaffold based on porogen leaching. Specifically, we fabricated photocrosslinkable hydrogel (gelatin methacrylate) containing porogens in a microfluidic channel, followed by dissolving out the porogens. Our approach allowed generation of micrometer-scale pores, increasing cell viability. This study could serve as a guide for tuning porosity of cell-seeded 3D scaffolds.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.