Compositionally Graded Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
- Compositionally Graded Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
- 송현철; Jie E. Zhou; Deepam Maurya; Yongke Yan; Yu U. Wang; Shashank Priya
- Multilayer ceramic capacitor; Compositionally graded structure; Dielectric; Phase field simulation; BTS-BCN
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 7, NO 12353 -12
- Multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCC) are widely used in consumer electronics. Here, we provide a transformative method for achieving high dielectric response and tunability over a wide temperature range through design of compositionally graded multilayer (CGML) architecture. Compositionally graded MLCCs were found to exhibit enhanced dielectric tunability (70%) along with small dielectric losses (< 2.5%) over the required temperature ranges specified in the standard industrial classifications. The compositional grading resulted in generation of internal bias field which enhanced the tunability due to increased nonlinearity. The electric field tunability of MLCCs provides an important avenue for design of miniature filters and power converters.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.