Antifungal Activities of Dimeric Sesquiterpenes, Shizukaols C and F, Isolated from Chloranthus japonicus Sieb.
- Antifungal Activities of Dimeric Sesquiterpenes, Shizukaols C and F, Isolated from Chloranthus japonicus Sieb.
- 박기덕; 강태훈; 이윤미; 이원정; 황의일; 최경자; 문재선; 박호용; 김성욱
- Chloranthus japonicus Sieb; shizukaol C; shizukaol F; antifungal activity; Phytophthora
infestans; Puccinia recondita
- Issue Date
- Journal of microbiology and biotechnology
- VOL 27, NO 7-1275
- Two dimeric sesquiterpenes were separated from Chloranthus japonicus Sieb. and identified as shizukaols C and F. They exhibited potent antifungal activities (MICs = 4-16 mu g/ml) in vitro against various plant pathogenic fungi (Pythium ultimum, Phytophthora infestans, Botrytis cinerea, Colletotrichum lagenarium, Alternaria kikuchiana, and Magnaporthe grisea). Shizukaol C showed 88% and 91% protective activities in the greenhouse against Puccinia recondita (wheat leaf rust) and Phytophthora infestans (tomato late blight), respectively, at 100 mu g/ml; shizukaol F exhibited 93% antifungal activity against Puccinia recondita at the same concentration. Therefore, these compounds might serve as interesting candidates for effective antifungal agents.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.