Antidiabetic effect of SN158 through PPAR alpha/gamma dual activation in ob/ob mice
- Antidiabetic effect of SN158 through PPAR alpha/gamma dual activation in ob/ob mice
- 김수남; 정유정; Yongkai Cao; Suresh Paudel; 윤구; 천승훈; 배규운; Li Tai Jin; 김용기
- SN158; PPAR; Insulin sensitivity
- Issue Date
- Chemico-biological interactions
- VOL 268-30
- In this study, we aimed to demonstrate the antidiabetic potential of (E)-N-(4-(3-(5-bromo-4-hydroxy-2-methoxyphenyl)acryloyl) phenyl)-4-tert-butylbenzamide (SN158) through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-α/γ dual activation. SN158 interacted with both PPARα and PPARγ, and increased their transcriptional activities. Simultaneously, SN158 treatment led to an increase in adipogenic differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and fatty acid oxidation in hepatocytes. In addition, glucose uptake in myotubes was significantly increased by SN158 treatment. Finally, SN158 significantly lowered the plasma levels of glucose, triglycerides, and free fatty acids in ob/ob mice without severe weight gain and hepatomegaly. These results suggest that SN158 can be useful as a potential therapeutic agent against type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders by alleviating glucose and lipid abnormalities.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.