Dependence of Internal Crystal Structures of InAs Nanowires on Electrical Characteristics of Field Effect Transistors
- Dependence of Internal Crystal Structures of InAs Nanowires on Electrical Characteristics of Field Effect Transistors
- 이승기; Sangmoon Han; Ilgyu Choi; Kwanjae Lee; cheul-ro Lee; Jeongwoo Hwang; Dong chul Chung; Jin soo Kim
- InAs; nanowire; structural properties; electrical properties; field-effect transistor
- Issue Date
- Journal of electronic materials
- VOL 47, NO 2-948
- We report on the dependence of internal crystal structures on the electrical properties of a catalyst-free and undoped InAs nanowire (NW) formed on a Si(111) substrate by metal– organic chemical vapor deposition. Cross-sectional transmission electron microscopy images, obtained from four different positions of a single InAs NW, indicated that the wurtzite (WZ) structure with stacking faults was observed mostly in the bottom region of the NW. Vertically along the InAs NW, the amount of stacking faults decreased and a zinc-blende (ZB) structure was observed. At the top of the NW, the ZB structure was prominently observed. The resistance and resistivity of the top region of the undoped InAs NW with the ZB structure were measured to be 121.5 kΩ and 0.19 Ω cm, respectively, which are smaller than those of the bottom region with the WZ structure, i.e., 251.8 kΩ and 0.39 Ω cm, respectively. The reduction in the resistance of the top region of the NW is attributed to the improvement in the crystal quality and the change in the ZB crystal structure. For a field effect transistor with an undoped InAs NW channel, the drain current versus drain– source voltage characteristic curves under various negative gate– source voltages were successfully observed at room temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.