Influence of Cation Substitutions Based on ABO(3) Perovskite Materials, Sr1-XYXTi1-yRuyO3-delta, on Ammonia Dehydrogenation
- Influence of Cation Substitutions Based on ABO(3) Perovskite Materials, Sr1-XYXTi1-yRuyO3-delta, on Ammonia Dehydrogenation
- 남석우; 윤성필; 한종희; 함형철; 윤창원; 박현서; 도현미; 차준영; 김군식; 김효영; 송광호
- 암모니아; ammonia; 탈수소화반응; dehydrogenation; 수소저장; hydrogen storage; 에너지 저장; energy storage; 촉매; catalyst
- Issue Date
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering
- VOL 5, NO 10-9379
- In order to screen potential catalytic materials for synthesis and decomposition of ammonia, a series of ABO3 perovskite materials, Sr1– xYxTi1– yRuyO3− δ (x = 0, 0.08, and 0.16; y = 0, 0.04, 0.07, 0.12, 0.17, and 0.26) were synthesized and tested for ammonia dehydrogenation. The influence of A or B site substitution on the catalytic ammonia dehydrogenation activity was determined by varying the quantity of either A or B site cation, producing Sr1– xYxTi0.92Ru0.08O3− δ and Sr0.92Y0.08Ti1– δ, respectively. Characterizations of the as-synthesized materials using different analytical techniques indicated that a new perovskite phase of SrRuO3 was produced upon addition of large amounts of Ru (≥12 mol %), and the surface Ru0 species were formed simultaneously to ultimately yield Ruz(surface)/Sr0.92Y0.08Ti1– yRuy– zO3− δ and/or Ruz– w(surface)/SrwRuwO3/Sr0.92– wY0.08Ti1– δ. The newly generated surface Ru0 species at the perovskite surfaces accelerated ammonia dehydrogenation under different conditions, and Sr0.84Y0.16Ti0.92Ru0.08O3− δ exhibited a NH3 conversion of ca. 96% at 500 °C with a gas hourly space velocity (GHSV) of 10  000 mL gcat– 1 h– 1. In addition, Sr0.84Y0.16Ti0.92Ru0.08O3− δ further proved to be highly active and stable toward ammonia decomposition at different reaction temperatures and GHSVs for >275 h.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.