Synthesis, characterization and photophysical behavior of heteroleptic ruthenium-complexed ladder-like structured polysilsesquioxanes
- Synthesis, characterization and photophysical behavior of heteroleptic ruthenium-complexed ladder-like structured polysilsesquioxanes
- 황승상; 백경열; 김현지; 후이 도 쑤언; 알버트 이성수; 조계룡; Anil Reddy Marri
- ruthenium complex; polysilsesquioxane; metallopolymers; photophysical properties; thermal stability
- Issue Date
- Macromolecular research
- VOL 25, NO 6-598
- Heteroleptic ruthenium-complexed ladder-like structured polysilsesquioxane (LPSQ-Ru) was synthesized by post coordination reaction of bidentate ligand side chains in LPSQ with reactive Ru(II) complexes, which was well characterized by H-1 and Si-29 NMR, FT-IR, and spectroscopic techniques. The photophysical properties of LPSQ-Ru were examined by UV and PL analyses in both solution and solid states, comparing to analogous polymers of ruthenium-complexed polystyrene (PS-Ru). Obtained absorptions of LPSQ-Ru and PS-Ru were broadened ranging from 390-490 nm regardless of the states. However, LPSQ-Ru exhibited higher and shaper PL emission spectrum in comparison to that of PS-Ru, particularly in the solid state, because Ru-complexes in LPSQ were much effectively isolated, preventing their aggregations due to the rigid double strained siloxane backbone. This extinguished photophysical property in LPSQ-Ru kept after intensive thermal treatment at 250 A degrees C for 90 min, which was not achieved in PS-Ru (similar to 5-fold decrease). These differences originated from the backbone structures were also appeared in electrochemical properties in the solid states.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.