The novel perovskite-type Ni-doped Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3 as a reforming biogas (CH4+CO2) for H2 production
- The novel perovskite-type Ni-doped Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3 as a reforming biogas (CH4+CO2) for H2 production
- 남석우; 윤성필; 한종희; 함형철; 권병완; 오주형; 김군식
- Biogas; Dry reforming; Pechini method; Ni-doped Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3 perovskite catalyst
- Issue Date
- Applied energy
- VOL 227-219
- In this study, novel perovskite-type Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3-based catalysts were investigated for hydrogen production by the dry reforming of biogas (comprising CH4 and CO2). Ni-doped Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3 catalysts with improved catalytic activity were grown using the Pechini method. The prepared catalysts were characterized using X-ray diffraction to check for impurities introduced in the perovskite structure by doping method. The reforming of methane over perovskite-based catalysts has been extensively investigated; however, detailed understanding of the activating catalytic sites under different conditions is still lacking. To understand the details of the activating catalyst mechanism, transmission electron microscopy, temperature-programed reduction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic (XPS) analysis were performed under different activating conditions. XPS analysis of 5 mol% Nidoped Sr0.92Y0.08TiO3 revealed that the H2-activated catalyst lost active lattice oxygen sites and Ni sites due to formation of Ni hydroxide. Thus, the H2-activated catalyst has lower catalytic activity than the N2-activated one.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.