MWCNT Coated Free-Standing Carbon Fiber Fabric for Enhanced Performance in EMI Shielding with a Higher Absolute EMI SE
- MWCNT Coated Free-Standing Carbon Fiber Fabric for Enhanced Performance in EMI Shielding with a Higher Absolute EMI SE
- 양철민; 이윤선; Sudesh Jayashantha Pothupitiya Gamage; Kihun Yang; Ramanaskanda Braveenth; Kanthasamy Raagulan; Hyun Suk Kim; Jai Jung Moon; Kyu Yun Chai
- MWCNT; carbon fiber; fabric; EMI shielding; absolute EMI SE
- Issue Date
- VOL 10, NO 12-1350-11
- A series of multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) coated carbon fabrics was fabricated using a facile dip coating process, and their performance in electrical conductivity, thermal stability,
tensile strength, electromagnetic interference (EMI) and shielding effectiveness (SE) was investigated. A solution ofMWCNT oxide and sodiumdodecyl sulfate (SDS) in water was used in the coating process. MWCNTs were observed to coat the surfaces of carbon fibers and to fill the pores in the carbon fabric. Electrical conductivity of the composites was 16.42 S cm-1. An EMI shielding effectiveness of 37 dB at 2 GHz was achieved with a single layer of C/C composites, whereas the double layers resulted in 68 dB EMI SE at 2.7 GHz. Fabricated composites had a specific SE of 486.54 dB cm3 g-1 and an absolute SE of approximately 35,000 dB cm2 g-1. According to the above results, MWCNT coated C/C composites have the potential to be used in advanced shielding applications such as aerospace and auto mobile electronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.