Noncovalent modification of CNFs using 2-Naphthalenethiol for catalyst supports in PEM fuel cells
- Noncovalent modification of CNFs using 2-Naphthalenethiol for catalyst supports in PEM fuel cells
- 오형석; 김한성
- 2-naphthalenethiol; Graphitized carbon; Non-covalent functionalization; PEM fuel cell
- Issue Date
- Journal of electrochemical science and technology
- VOL 1, NO 2-96
- A new synthesis method for the preparation of Pt electrocatalysts on carbon nanofibers (CNFs) is reported. In this method, Pt electrocatalysts are loaded onto 2-naphthalenethiol (NT) functionalized CNFs. The noncovalent functionalization of CNFs by NT is the effective way for better distribution of Pt particles and higher electrocatalytic activity in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. It was found that the presence of NT acts as a poison to catalysts. Therefore, it is necessary to remove NT through the heat treatment at 400oC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.