Preparation of Pt/C catalyst using alcohol reduction and a polyol process in the presence of urea for oxygen reduction reaction
- Preparation of Pt/C catalyst using alcohol reduction and a polyol process in the presence of urea for oxygen reduction reaction
- 오형석; 오종길; 홍윤기; Raj Kishore Sharma; 설용건; 김한성
- Pt/C; electro catalyst; polyol process; urea hydrolysis
- Issue Date
- Research on chemical intermediates
- VOL 34, NO 8-9-861
- The effect of urea hydrolysis was studied on the preparation and properties of Pt/C catalyst. The hydrolysis of urea provided hydroxyl ions in a controlled manner that prevented the localized pH change in the solution and only surface precipitation is resulted in a particle growth. From rotating ring disk electrode (RRDE) experiments, the Pt/C prepared in the presence of urea showed better exchange current density toward the oxygen reduction reaction. The rate of H(2)O(2) formation was reduced when urea was used in the alcohol reduction process and it was further decreased in the Pt/C catalyst prepared by the polyol process combined with urea.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.