Enhanced reactive H2S adsorption using carbon nanofibers supported with Cu/CuxO nanoparticles
- Enhanced reactive H2S adsorption using carbon nanofibers supported with Cu/CuxO nanoparticles
- 조성무; 이성호; Bharat Bajaj; 조한익; 박지혜; 이광복
- electrospinning; carbon nanofiber; hydrogen sulfide; adsorption; nanoparticles
- Issue Date
- Applied surface science
- VOL 429-257
- Activated carbon nanofibers (ACNFs) modified with Cu/CuxO nanoparticles were prepared from the carbonization of electrospun polyacrylonitrile/copper precursor nanofibers, followed by a mild-activation process. Dynamic breakthrough test for hydrogen sulfide adsorption were conducted at 300 degrees C, and more than 15 times enhancement in the breakthrough time is observed for ACNF with the nanoparticles (938 min) compared to pure ACNF (62 min). The dramatic enhancement is attributed to the presence of well dispersed Cu/CuxO nanoparticles, which exposed on the surface during the mild activation. In addition, ACNFs as supporting layers plays an important role in preventing aggregation of nanoparticles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.