Interaction of the AMPA receptor subunit GluR2/3 with PDZ domains regulates hippocampal long-term depression
- Interaction of the AMPA receptor subunit GluR2/3 with PDZ domains regulates hippocampal long-term depression
- 김종현; Hee Jung Chung; Hey-Kyoung Lee; Richard L. Huganir
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- VOL 98, NO 20-11730
- The interaction of PDZ domain-containing proteins with the C termini of alpha -amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazolepropionate (AMPA) receptors has been suggested to be important in the regulation of receptor targeting to excitatory synapses. Recent studies have shown that the rapid internalization of AMPA receptors at synapses may mediate, at least in part, the expression of long-term depression (LTD). We have previously shown that phosphorylation of Ser-880 on the AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit differentially regulated the interaction of GluR2 with the PDZ domain-containing proteins GRIN and PICK1. Here, we show that induction of LTD in hippocampal slices increases phosphorylation of Ser-880 within the GluR2 C-terminal PDZ ligand, suggesting that the modulation of GluR2 interaction with GRIP1 and PICK1 may regulate AMPA receptor internalization during LTD. Moreover, postsynaptic intracellular perfusion of GluR2 C-terminal peptides that disrupt GluR2 interaction with PICK1 inhibit the expression of hippocampal LTD. These results suggest that the interaction of GluR2 with PICK1 may play a regulatory role in the expression of LTD in the hippocampus.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.