Metabolomics approach for the discrimination of raw and steamed Gastrodia elata using liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry
- Metabolomics approach for the discrimination of raw and steamed Gastrodia elata using liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry
- 권재영; Je-Hyun Lee; Jae Won Lee; Eun-Kyoung Seo; Dongho Lee; DongHyuk Lee; Ah-Reum Han; Nahyun Kim
- Gastrodia elata; LC/QTOFMS; Metabolite profiling; Chemical marker; Method validationa
- Issue Date
- Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis
- VOL 94-138
- A liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry-based metabolomics approach was applied to metabolite profiling of Gastrodia elata in order to identify raw and steamed G. elata and explore potential biornarkers for each processing state. A statistical classification method, significant analysis of microarrays, was used to select influential metabolites from the different forms. Through metabolite selection, several potential biomarkers were determined and assigned by matching mass information with that of reference compounds or by comparing it with data in the literature. Furthermore, the developed method was cross-checked using two validation procedures. The first validation was performed simultaneously with the metabolite profiling of G. elata using all detected metabolites, and the second was performed after the metabolite profiling using representative standard compounds of G. elata. Overall, this study can be applied to quality assurance of G. elata. (C) 2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.