Brillouin Optical Correlation Domain Analysis Enhanced by Time-Domain Data Processing for Concurrent Interrogation of Multiple Sensing Points
- Brillouin Optical Correlation Domain Analysis Enhanced by Time-Domain Data Processing for Concurrent Interrogation of Multiple Sensing Points
- 이상배; 이관일; 류국빈; 김규태; 송광용
- distributd optical fiber sensor; optical fiber sensors; stimulated Brillouin scattering; time domain analysis
- Issue Date
- Journal of lightwave technology : a joint IEEE/OSA publication
- VOL 35, NO 24-5316
- We propose and experimentally demonstrate a Brillouin optical correlation domain analysis system adopting timedomain data processing and differential measurement for simultaneous interrogation of multiple sensing points. Continuous probe and pulsed pump waves are simultaneously frequency-modulated by a MHz-order sinusoidal RF wave so that multiple correlation peaks are sequentially generated according to the propagation of the pump along a fiber under test (FUT). The Brillouin gain spectrum of each correlation peak is obtained and interrogate by moving window averaging of the probe wave with a span of the period of the RF modulation, leading to the simultaneous monitoring of the multiple sensing points. In experiments, 148 correlation peaks are concurrently interrogated with a spatial resolution less than 3 cm along a 1530 m FUT.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.