Performance of WCN diffusion barrier for Cu multilevel interconnects
- Performance of WCN diffusion barrier for Cu multilevel interconnects
- 김용태; 이승연; 주병권
- WCN diffusion barrier; Cu; Multilevel interconnects; low resistivity; Cu migration; low contact resistance; high temp. reliability
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 57, NO 4-04FC01-4
- The electrical and thermal properties of a WCN diffusion barrier have been studied for Cu multilevel interconnects. The WCN has been prepared using an atomic layer deposition system with WF6– CH4– NH3– H2 gases and has a very low resistivity of 100 μΩcm and 96.9% step coverage on the high-aspect-ratio vias. The thermally stable WCN maintains an amorphous state at 800 °C and Cu/WCN contact resistance remains within a 10% deviation from the initial value after 700 °C. The mean time to failure suggests that the Cu/WCN interconnects have a longer lifetime than Cu/TaN and Cu/WN interconnects because WCN prevents Cu migration owing to the stress evolution from tensile to compressive
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.