Generalized Scheme for High Performing Photodetectors with a p-Type 2D Channel Layer and n-Type Nanoparticles
- Generalized Scheme for High Performing Photodetectors with a p-Type 2D Channel Layer and n-Type Nanoparticles
- 송진동; 김형준; Jingyuan Jia; 전수민; 전재호; Jiao Xu; 조정호; 이병훈; 황의현; 이성주
- photodetector; nanoparticle; 2D channel; Black phosphorus; MoS2
- Issue Date
- VOL 14, NO 9-1703065-8
- A generalized scheme for the fabrication of high performance photodetectors consisting of a p-type channel material and n-type nanoparticles is proposed. The high performance of the proposed hybrid photodetector is achieved through enhanced photoabsorption and the photocurrent gain arising from its effective charge transfer mechanism. In this paper, the realization of this design is presented in a hybrid photodetector consisting of 2D p-type black phosphorus (BP) and n-type molybdenum disulfide nanoparticles (MoS2 NPs), and it is demonstrated that it exhibits enhanced photoresponsivity and detectivity compared to pristine BP photodetectors. It is found that the performance of hybrid photodetector depends on the density of NPs on BP layer and that the response time can be reduced with increasing density of MoS2 NPs. The rising and falling times of this photodetector are smaller than those of BP photodetectors without NPs. This proposed scheme is expected to work equally well for a photodetector with an n-type channel material and p-type nanoparticles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.