Effect of Nb concentration on the spin-orbit coupling strength in Nb-doped SrTiO3 epitaxial thin films
- Effect of Nb concentration on the spin-orbit coupling strength in Nb-doped SrTiO3 epitaxial thin films
- 이수연; 이미림; 조성원; 우성민; 임강훈; 한승우; 최우석
- spin-orbit coupling; perovskite oxide; Nb-doped SrTiO3
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 8-7
- Several oxide materials have attracted much interest for the application in spintronic devices due to unusual properties originating from the strongly correlated orbital and spin degrees of freedom. One missing part in oxide spintronics is a good spin channel featured by strong spin-orbit coupling (SOC) which enables an efficient control of the electron’s spin. We have systematically investigated the dependence of the SOC strength of Sr(NbxTi1− x)O3 thin films on Nb concentration (nNb = 2~20 at. %) as a deeper exploration of a recent finding of the strong SOC in a heavily Nb-doped SrTiO3 (Sr(Nb0.2Ti0.8) O3) epitaxial film. Apart from a finding of a proportionality of the SOC to nNb, we have observed an intriguing temperature dependence of the SOC strength and the anisotropic magnetoresistance (MR) in the intermediate nNb region. These phenomena are associated with the temperature dependence of Landé g-factor and the change of the band structure, which is consistent with the result of density functional theory (DFT) calculation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.