Experimental preparation and characterization of four-dimensional quantum states using polarization and time-bin modes of a single photon
- Experimental preparation and characterization of four-dimensional quantum states using polarization and time-bin modes of a single photon
- 문성욱; 한상욱; 김용수; 조영욱; 이상윤; 최유준; 유진원; 오경환
- Hyper-entanglement; Qudits; Single-photon two-qubit states
- Issue Date
- Optics communications
- VOL 419-35
- We present a detailed method to prepare and characterize four-dimensional pure quantum states or ququarts using polarization and time-bin modes of a single-photon. In particular, we provide a simple method to generate an arbitrary pure ququart and fully characterize the state with quantum state tomography. We also verify the reliability of the recipe by showing experimental preparation and characterization of 20 ququart states in mutually unbiased bases. As qudits provide superior properties over qubits in many fundamental tests of quantum physics and applications in quantum information processing, the presented method will be useful for photonic quantum information science.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.