Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticle-Impregnated Nanocomposite BiVO4 Photoanode for Plasmon-Enhanced Photocatalytic Water Splitting
- Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticle-Impregnated Nanocomposite BiVO4 Photoanode for Plasmon-Enhanced Photocatalytic Water Splitting
- 이상현; 문병준; Sang Yun Jeong; Hye-Min Shin; Yong-Ryun Jo; Yeong Jae Kim; Seungkyu Kim; Won-June Lee; Gil Ju Lee; Jaesun Song; Sehun Seo; Hyunji An; Young Min Song; Bong-Joong Kim; Myung-Han Yoon; Sanghan Lee
- Plasmonic; Silver nanoparticles; BiVO4; Photocatalytic water splitting
- Issue Date
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- VOL 122, NO 13-7093
- Herein, we developed a fully solution-deposited nanocomposite photoanode based on silver nanoparticle (NP)-impregnated bismuth vanadate (BiVO4) films. The synthesized Ag NPs exhibit diameters of few nanometers and uniform matrix dispersion, which were confirmed by highresolution transmission electron microscopy. The photoanode composed of the Ag NP-incorporated nanocomposite BiVO4 showed a remarkable enhancement in both low potential and the saturated photocatalytic current densities in comparison with the pristine BiVO4 film. The observed experimental results are attributed to the improved carrier generation and enhanced charge separation by the localized surface plasmon resonancemediated effect as suggested by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and a numerical simulation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.