Juniperus chinensis Fruits Attenuate Oxazolone- and 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene-Induced Atopic Dermatitis Symptoms in Mice
- Juniperus chinensis Fruits Attenuate Oxazolone- and 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene-Induced Atopic Dermatitis Symptoms in Mice
- 김수남; 박노준; 제갈현; 봉심규; 제갈종환; 박상아; 양민혜
- J chinensis fruit; Atopic dermatitis; TEWL; Skin hydration; IL-4; IgE
- Issue Date
- Biological & pharmaceutical bulletin
- VOL 41, NO 2-265
- Juniperus chinensis, commonly Chinese juniper, has been used for treating inflammatory diseases. This study aimed to investigate anti-atopic dermatitis (AD) effects of standardized J. chinensis fruits extract on murine oxazolone- and 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB)-induced models of AD. Ear swelling, epidermis thickening, and eosinophils infiltration in the oxazolone-mediated dermatitis of BALB/c mice were significantly reduced upon topical application of J. chinensis fruits 95% EtOH extract (JCE). Besides, transdermal administration of JCE to SKH-1 hairless mice inhibited the development of DNCB-induced AD-like skin lesions by suppressing transepidermal water loss and improving skin hydration. Decreased total serum immunoglobulin E (IgE) and interleukin (IL)-4 levels could be observed in atopic dorsal skin samples of JCEtreated group. According to the phytochemical analysis, JCE was found to contain isoscutellarein-7-O-β-Dxyloside, cupressuflavone, and amentoflavone as main compounds. Therapeutic attempts with the J. chinensis fruits might be useful in the treatment of AD and related skin inflammatory diseases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.