A new catalyst-embedded hierarchical air electrode for high-performance Li-O2 batteries
- A new catalyst-embedded hierarchical air electrode for high-performance Li-O2 batteries
- 임희대; 송혜린; 권혁조; 박규영; 김진수; 배영준; 김형섭; 정성균; 김태우; 김용협; Xavier Lepro; Raquel Ovalle-Robles; Ray H. Baughman; 강기석
- Issue Date
- Energy & environmental science
- VOL 6, NO 12-3575
- The Li– O2 battery holds great promise as an ultra-high-energydensity device. However, its limited rechargeability and low energy efficiency remain key barriers to its practical application. Herein, we demonstrate that the ideal electrode morphology design combined with effective catalyst decoration can enhance the rechargeability of the Li– O2 battery over 100 cycles with full discharge and charge. An aligned carbon structure with a hierarchical micro-nano-mesh
ensures facile accessibility of reaction products and provides the optimal catalytic conditions for the Pt catalyst. The new electrode is highly reversible even at the extremely high current rate of 2 A g1. Moreover, we observed clearly distinct morphologies of discharge products when the catalyst is used. The effect of catalysts on the cycle stability is discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.