Highly reproducible high-index-contrast distributed Bragg reflectors with an oxidized digital-alloy AlGaAs
- Highly reproducible high-index-contrast distributed Bragg reflectors with an oxidized digital-alloy AlGaAs
- 김형준; 주건우; 이수빈; 나병훈; 송영민
- Digital-alloy; High-index-contrast; Distributed Bragg reflector; AlGaAs; Oxidation; VCSEL
- Issue Date
- Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Rapid Communications
- VOL 12, NO 3-4-139
- We demonstrate uniform and reproducible high-index-contrast distributed Bragg reflectors (HIC-DBRs) by introducing an oxidized digital-alloy (DA) layer for low index materials. Fine-tunable DA-Al0.98Ga0.02As layers, which consists of multiple stacks of 1 monolayer (ML)-thick GaAs and 49 ML-thick AlAs layers, are used for generating stable AlxOy layers instead of a conventional, bulk AlAs layers. Highly uniform arrays of oxidized alumina are obtained through a wet-oxidation of DA-AlGaAs layers, which enable practical use of HIC-DBRs for vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs) and other resonant-cavity based optoelectronic devices. Detailed experiments together with optical calculations are also shown.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.