Double-pulse laser illumination method for measuring fast cerebral blood flow velocities in the deep brain using a fiber-bundle-based endomicroscopy system
- Double-pulse laser illumination method for measuring fast cerebral blood flow velocities in the deep brain using a fiber-bundle-based endomicroscopy system
- 신현준; 홍진기; 김민경
- fiber optics imaging; integrated optics; blood monitoring; endoscopic imaging; fluorescence microscopy
- Issue Date
- Biomedical optics express[electronic resource].
- VOL 9, NO 6-2715
- We present a new fiber-bundle-based endomicroscopy system to measure the fast cerebral blood flow (CBF) velocity in blood vessels located between the surface and the deep brain of living animals. The CBF velocity is obtained by measuring the displacement of the partially overlapped red blood cell images directly, using double-pulse 532-nm laser illumination. The proposed method could measure CBF in blood vessels with diameters ranging from 4 μm to 42 μm and could measure CBF velocities up to 3.2 μm/ms for different vessel diameters at a depth of 2.1 mm from the brain surface in a living mouse.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.