Highly enhanced electromechanical properties of PVDF-TrFE/SWCNT nanocomposites using an efficient polymer compatibilizer
- Highly enhanced electromechanical properties of PVDF-TrFE/SWCNT nanocomposites using an efficient polymer compatibilizer
- 황승상; 백경열; 구종민; 박현철; 김현지; 후이 도 쑤언; 조계룡; 윤호규
- Carbon nanotubes; Block copolymers; PVDF copolymers; Polymer composites; Actuators
- Issue Date
- Composites science and technology
- VOL 157-29
- PVDF-TrFE/SWCNT nanocomposites with outstanding electromechanical properties were produced using P3HT-PMMA block copolymers as a compatibilizer between PVDF-TrFE and SWCNT. P3HT-PMMA block copolymer coated SWCNT (PTMCNT) was first prepared to utilize pi-pi stacking interactions between SWCNT and the P3HT block segment. The obtained PTMCNTs are highly compatible with the PVDF-TrFE matrix due to strong hydrogen bonding interaction between the polymer matrix and the PMMA block segment on the surface of SWCNT, leading to a very low percolation behavior at 0.05 wt% of SWCNT in PVDF-TrFE. The obtained electroactive PVDF-TrFE/SWCNT nanocomposites showed ca. 50 times increased electromechanical thickness strain, ca. 3200 times increased elastic energy density, and ca. 460 times increased electrical-to-mechanical energy conversion rate in comparison to those of pristine PVD-FTrFE at the relatively low electric field (50 V-pp mu m(-1)). These outstanding properties result from the ultra low percolation of SWCNT along with uniform local field distribution in PVDF-TrFE, which kept not only intrinsic properties of PVDF-TrFE such as all-trans formed crystalline phase and softness but also enhanced electrical properties including dielectric constant.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.