Enhancement of surface stability of lithium manganese oxide spinel by silyl-group functionalized fluoride-responsive ionic liquid additives
- Enhancement of surface stability of lithium manganese oxide spinel by silyl-group functionalized fluoride-responsive ionic liquid additives
- 오시형; 나수빈; 이보은; 서효리; Taeun Yim
- surface stability; cathode; lithium manganese oxides; silyl functional group; electrolyte additive
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 64-317
- Spinel-structured lithium manganese oxides are considered as promising cathode material, however, their widespread commercial application remains hampered by their poor surface instability. To overcome these problems, we designed and synthesized task-specific ionic liquid additives that can effectively scavenge trace amounts of fluoride in the cell. Addition of ionic liquid additives in the electrolyte significantly improves cycling retention. 1H- and 19F-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy measurements and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry elemental analysis collaboratively provides clear evidence that the ionic liquid additives selectively suppress parasitic reactions of the electrolyte with the surface of lithium manganese oxides cathode.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.