Effect of halides on nanoporous Zn-based catalysts for highly e？cient electroreduction of CO2 to CO
- Effect of halides on nanoporous Zn-based catalysts for highly e？cient electroreduction of CO2 to CO
- 민병권; 황윤정; 오형석; 원다혜; 지신천; 당 리 트리 뉴옌
- Halide ion; Zn-based catalyst; CO2 reduction reaction; CO production; Electrochemical Surface Area
- Issue Date
- Catalysis communications
- VOL 114-113
- The eﬀ ects of halide ions (F− ,Cl− ,Br− ,orI− ) on nanoporous Zn-based electrocatalysts were assessed. All catalysts in the presence of halides exhibited high electrocatalytic performances of CO2 reduction reaction(CO2RR) and eﬃ cient suppression of hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) with a maximum Faradaic eﬃ ciency ofup to 97%. The increasing adsorption strength from F− to I− is proposed to form more porous structures andhigher oxidized Zn species, thus facilitating the protonation of CO2and stabilizing the adsorbed intermediates induced by charge donation from the adsorbed halides on Zn surface to CO2, enhance CO2RR and simultaneously suppress HER.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.