Biocompatible silica nanoparticles conjugated with azidocoumarin fortrace level detection and visualization of endogenous H2S in PC3 cells
- Biocompatible silica nanoparticles conjugated with azidocoumarin fortrace level detection and visualization of endogenous H2S in PC3 cells
- 이강봉; 남윤식; Rajalakshmi Kanagaraj; 육수민; Muthusamy Selvaraj
- Silica nanoparticle; Azidocoumarin; H2S in living cells; H2S assay; Selective H2S detection
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 259-315
- The silica nanoparticles (SiO2NPs) conjugated with azidocoumarin (Cy-N3) was applied for the selectiveand sensitive H2S detection, even when H2S was present in 1000-fold excess of other bio thiols and ions.In the silica nanoprobes, azide in the Cy-N3group acted as the recognition element, and the probe wasbiocompatible. The nanoprobe displayed blue emission at 456 nm and excitation at 367 nm. After intro-ducing H2S into the probe solution, the fluorescent intensity at 456 nm increased linearly as a functionof H2S concentration (correlation coefficient, 0.9970), and the limit of detection was 6 nM. The enhancedfluorescent emission intensity was due to H2S-mediated reduction of the electron-withdrawing azideinto electron-donating amine. The SiO2NPs@Cy-N3and its reaction products with H2S (SiO2NPs@Cy-NH2) were characterized by1H NMR and TEM. The probe also showed low cytotoxicity and could traceendogenous H2S in physiological pH. We therefore then successfully utilized it to detect H2S in living PC3cells. The probe was also successfully employed for detection of H2S gas using Whatman papers coatedwith SiO2NPs@Cy-N3.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.