Synthesis and characterization of phosphorus- and sulfur-containing aromatic polyimides for high refractive index
- Synthesis and characterization of phosphorus- and sulfur-containing aromatic polyimides for high refractive index
- 구본철; 유남호; 고문주; 여현욱; 김현일; 고흥조
- polyimide; refractive index; sulfur; phosphrous
- Issue Date
- VOL 136-148
- A new diamine, bis(4-((4-aminophenyl)thio)phenyl)(phenyl)phosphine oxide (BATPO), containing phosphine oxide and thioether bonds was prepared via the Grignard reaction to dichlorophenylphosphine oxide with 4-fluorophenylmagnesium bromide, followed by an aromatic substitution reaction with 4-aminothiophenol. The polyimides (PIs) were synthesized by the conventional two-step polycondensation from several aromatic dianhydrides, such as 4,4’-[p-thiobis(phenylenesulfanyl)]diphthalic anhydride (3SDEA), 4,4’-(hexafluoroisopropylidene)diphthalic anhydride (6FDA), 4,40-oxydiphthalic anhydride (ODPA) and pyromellitic dianhydride (PMDA) with the BATPO. The synthesized PIs exhibited outstanding thermal properties including high thermal decomposition temperatures (>500 C) and glass transition temperature (Tg) in the range of 212e295 C, and optical transparency at 450 nm of over 80% for films of ca. 10 mm thickness. In particular, 3SDEA-BATPO exhibited a high refractive index (1.725) with low birefringence (0.0087) due to the heavy atom effect of the high sulfur and phosphorous contents in the polymer main-chain.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.