Synergistic effect of nano-Pt and Ni spine for HER in alkaline solution:hydrogen spillover from nano-Pt to Ni spine
- Synergistic effect of nano-Pt and Ni spine for HER in alkaline solution:hydrogen spillover from nano-Pt to Ni spine
- 정광덕; 김성훈; 아사드 아바스; 아사드메흐무드; 쇼브 무하마드; 윤원섭
- HER; Hydrogen Spillover; Ni Spine
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 8, NO 2986-9
- The design of active, stable, and cost-effective electrocatalysts for the H-2 evolution reaction (HER) in alkaline conditions is important for electrochemical systems such as the chloro-alkaline process and H-2 production. Here we report catalysts comprising Pt on Ni single crystalline spines (Pt/Ni-SP) with high activity and stability for HER in alkaline solution with proposed mechanism. The Pt/Ni-SP catalysts are prepared by dispersing platinum nanoparticles (1.7-3.1 nm) on the single-crystalline spines (Ni-SP) of Ni urchin-like particles. The size and coverage of Pt nanoparticles on Ni-SP are increased with increases in the Pt loading amount. X-ray diffraction, high-resolution transmission electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and X-ray absorption spectroscopy are performed to observe the structure of the Pt/Ni-SP catalyst. The catalysts achieve the mass activity of 1.11 A mg((Pt))(-1), comparing favorably to Pt/C catalysts with the mass activity of 0.33 A mg((Pt))(-1) at 0.05 V overpotential. The Tafel slope of the Pt/Ni-SP catalyst is approximately 30 mV dec(-1,) similar to that of Pt, while Pt/Ni-SP is very stable in alkaline solution, like Ni. The synergistic effect of Pt/Ni-SP is ascribed to H spillover from Pt to Ni.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.